Indivisible East Bay is a grassroots organization inspired by the Indivisible Guide, which provides a practical framework for resisting the Trump agenda. By standing together, we can keep the pressure on our representatives to defend progressive values and fight for us in Washington.
Want updates on the movement and actions you can take today?
- Tell Your State Legislator – End Ellis Act Evictions!By Janani Ramachandran Deadline: January 21, 2021 – Renters all over California are losing their homes under the state’s Ellis Act, when landlords evict long-term tenants – usually in rent-controlled areas, and even if they’re paying their rent on time … Continue reading Tell Your State Legislator – End Ellis Act Evictions!
- Tell your Members of Congress: Remove Trump NowBy Larry Baskett, Ann G. Daniels and Heidi Rand Deadline: NOW – Trump will never concede he lost the election and commit to the peaceful transfer of power. He tried to coerce and bully Georgia’s Secretary of State into fraudulently … Continue reading Tell your Members of Congress: Remove Trump Now
- Do YOU Know Where to Vote in Alameda County?Deadline – URGENT – Election Day Did you know that almost all neighborhood polling places in Alameda County will be closed on Election Day in favor of a few “accessible polling locations” not restricted by neighborhood residency? Did you know … Continue reading Do YOU Know Where to Vote in Alameda County?
- It Won’t Mean a Thing If We Don’t Get Those Swing (States)Deadline: NOW! The election is just a blink away! We bet that, like us, you’ve known since November 7, 2016 how you’re voting in the 2020 election. We also wager that nothing could keep you from voting, and that you … Continue reading It Won’t Mean a Thing If We Don’t Get Those Swing (States)
- Do you know how to vote? Well, do ya?By Heidi Rand and Ann Daniels Deadline: NOW & until November 3 – Are you ready for a new President? We said: ARE YOU READY FOR A NEW PRESIDENT? The General Election – also known as the Presidential Election, although … Continue reading Do you know how to vote? Well, do ya?
- Let’s Go Win This Forking Election!Dear Warriors for Justice, The presidential campaign has been going on for approximately 150 years, and it’s almost over. We’ve got three words for you: DON’T STOP NOW. OK, a few more words, but if you can’t read this whole … Continue reading Let’s Go Win This Forking Election!
- Gov. Newsom: time to put justice into criminal justiceBy Myriah Lynne Deadline: End of September It’s down to the wire: we need you to call Governor Newsom NOW about bringing justice back into our criminal justice system. Tell him to do two things: sign the CRISES Act supporting … Continue reading Gov. Newsom: time to put justice into criminal justice
- Time is Running Out for California to Take Action on PolicingBy Anne Spevack with help from IEB’s Police Funding and Accountability Workgroup – join our next meeting here. URGENT Deadline: August 31, 2020 TAKE ACTION THIS WEEK! Earlier this summer we asked you to support our priority California bills for … Continue reading Time is Running Out for California to Take Action on Policing
- Tell local officials: say NO to federal troopsBy Larry Baskett Deadline: ASAP, since they’re threatening to send stormtroopers to Oakland — You’ve no doubt seen that the Repressor-in-Chief and his henchmen, under disturbing and outrageous excuses like guarding Confederate statues, are deploying unmarked agents to tear-gas and … Continue reading Tell local officials: say NO to federal troops
- Your Democracy Needs You. For Real. (No, Seriously. For Real.)By Charlotte McGoldrick, Nancy Latham, and Ann Daniels Deadline: NOW to November 3 – Arizona. Florida. Michigan. North Carolina. Pennsylvania. Wisconsin. This isn’t a geography quiz – these are the battleground states on our road to win the White House. … Continue reading Your Democracy Needs You. For Real. (No, Seriously. For Real.)
- IEB Endorses Prop 15 – Schools & Communities First!By Ted Lam DEADLINE: Start now – On July 13, 2020 I was one of over a dozen people who Zoomed into the Contra Costa Board of Supervisors’ Legislative Committee meeting to support Proposition 15. Prop 15 – also known … Continue reading IEB Endorses Prop 15 – Schools & Communities First!
- State Bills Need Your Help – Call Now!By Anne Spevack Deadline: ASAP, votes will be scheduled throughout August – The California legislature is currently in recess, extended due to one Assemblymember and five staffers testing positive for COVID-19. They’re scheduled to return on July 27, and August … Continue reading State Bills Need Your Help – Call Now!
- Take the 100 Day ChallengeSunday, July 26, 2020 2 PM to Saturday, August 1, 2020 3 PM – 100 days out from Election Day, Indivisible East Bay is challenging ourselves to our biggest electoral Week of Action since 2018! We challenge YOU to set … Continue reading Take the 100 Day Challenge
- June All Members Meeting recapA global pandemic and political turmoil can’t slow Indivisible East Bay down! Our monthly All Members Meeting via Zoom on June 28 was jam-packed with our usual full agenda. Kicking off with intros, we reprised the popular icebreaker from our … Continue reading June All Members Meeting recap
- Tell Congress: no military weapons for policeBy Ann G. Daniels and Linh Nguyen Deadline: July 1 – Have you seen that dystopian series where teachers beg for money because taxes don’t pay enough for books, but the government buys all these extra weapons and gives IED-resistant … Continue reading Tell Congress: no military weapons for police
- Happy First Birthday IEB PostcardingNow we are one! In late June 2019 Indivisible East Bay sent our first Reclaim Our Vote postcards to Virginia, kicking off our bi-monthly postcarding series that’s still going strong in a new form now we’re all writing from home. … Continue reading Happy First Birthday IEB Postcarding
- Celebrate Juneteenth with ActionBy Ann G. Daniels Deadline: NOW – Lest we forget, we aren’t just saying the names of Black lives who matter far away. This Juneteenth – and after – demand justice for Black lives that matter close to home. In … Continue reading Celebrate Juneteenth with Action
- We came, we saw, we Paloozed!Indivisible East Bay kicked off our summer of voter outreach at the first Virtual Voter Outreach Palooza on Saturday, June 13! Virtual voter outreach is critical this election season for many reasons – canvassing in person may be off the … Continue reading We came, we saw, we Paloozed!
- Every step the police take, we’ll be watchingDeadline: ASAP – On June 7, 2020 a veto-proof majority of the Minneapolis City Council pledged to disband the police department that the officers who murdered George Floyd belonged to. We’re many miles away, but perhaps you, like us, are … Continue reading Every step the police take, we’ll be watching
- IEB In Place Photo Project Needs You!It’s the perfect time to collect images of your hard work resisting and saving democracy from home, so we’re introducing our new creative project, “IEB In Place.” We’d love to showcase YOU while making calls, texting, writing/decorating postcards, or other … Continue reading IEB In Place Photo Project Needs You!
Our Event Calendar