Indivisible East Bay is a grassroots organization inspired by the Indivisible Guide, which provides a practical framework for resisting the Trump agenda. By standing together, we can keep the pressure on our representatives to defend progressive values and fight for us in Washington.
Want updates on the movement and actions you can take today?
- Janani Advances to Run-off Election on August 31st!By Rebecca Dean Deadline: now through August 31st Thanks to growing community support and an incredible volunteer network (including all our amazing IEB folks), our own Janani Ramachandran made it to the runoff in the June 29th primary for … Continue reading Janani Advances to Run-off Election on August 31st!
- Deadline for Democracy – Still (a little) time left!Deadline: July 17 event, and continuing – On July 7, 2021, Indivisible East Bay, Indivisible SF, and several other partners hosted a Deadline for Democracy Rally in Oakland’s Frank Ogawa Plaza. Over 250 people gathered to demand the Senate to … Continue reading Deadline for Democracy – Still (a little) time left!
- Just Say No to the RecallBy Ann G. Daniels Deadline: sign up now for July 7 action and keep going! American elections are unique in that they last, well, forever. Except when they sneak in and you don’t pay attention to them until they’re practically … Continue reading Just Say No to the Recall
- For the People, FFSBy Ann G. Daniels Deadline: June 21, 2021 – You’ve read our past actions and our earlier article about the For the People Act (S.1). Whether you’ve done anything before or not – it’s make or break time, and we … Continue reading For the People, FFS
- Keep Rooftop Solar Going: Stop AB-1139By Ann G. Daniels Deadline: ASAP, this may come up for a vote in the Assembly as soon as late May – Who’s against increasing residential solar energy in California? Amazingly, AB 1139, which is making its way through the … Continue reading Keep Rooftop Solar Going: Stop AB-1139
- Support Janani Ramachandran for Assembly District 18!By Rebecca Dean Deadline: NOW – events happening now through June 29 Editors’ note: Indivisible East Bay has endorsed Janani Ramachandran in the June 29, 2021 special election for Assembly District 18. The following is a piece from an IEB … Continue reading Support Janani Ramachandran for Assembly District 18!
- January 6 Insurrection: Time for Truth and ConsequencesBy Larry Baskett Deadline: ASAP – On January 6, Trump spawned an insurrection against American democracy by white nationalist thugs and their allies in government. Republican Members of Congress abetted it – some even participated in the riots. Unrepentant Republicans … Continue reading January 6 Insurrection: Time for Truth and Consequences
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered – Save the USPSBy Janis Hashe Deadline: Priority Among the most blatant of the Trump Administration’s outrages: the attempt to destroy the U.S. Postal Service. We wish we could say that ended with the Vote-Suppressor-in-Chief’s regime, but Trump appointee Postmaster General Louis DeJoy … Continue reading Signed, Sealed, Delivered – Save the USPS
- Voting Rights: the Fight ContinuesDeadline: The time is now! What’s Going On: We always knew the fight wasn’t over. We kicked the Vote-Suppressor-in-Chief out of the White House and broke the GOP stranglehold on the Senate – so now Republicans are desperately trying to … Continue reading Voting Rights: the Fight Continues
- Come to Our Issue Working Group Information Session TONIGHT, 3/9!Come to our Issue Working Group Info Session TONIGHT! It’s been a big week- the Senate passed the COVID relief package, and while it’s missing some features we liked, we’re glad to see relief going to people and communities who … Continue reading Come to Our Issue Working Group Information Session TONIGHT, 3/9!
- Save Democracy, Kill the FilibusterBy Nancy Latham Deadline: Start now! Just last week we asked you to start the crucial work to get our Senators to support eliminating the filibuster. We can start to heal the wounds inflicted by the last Administration, and go … Continue reading Save Democracy, Kill the Filibuster
- Live Long, Prosper, and THRIVEBy Ann G. Daniels and Heidi Rand Deadline: NOW – Last fall, Representative Barbara Lee (CA-13) cosponsored the Transform, Heal, and Renew by Investing in a Vibrant Economy (THRIVE) Agenda, a framework for economic renewal that addresses America’s public health … Continue reading Live Long, Prosper, and THRIVE
- This Lunar New Year, Stand Against Anti-Asian ViolencePhoto by Khachik Simonian By Sylvia Chi and Andrea Lum As Lunar New Year begins, we wanted to take the opportunity to acknowledge the disturbing and violent attacks against Asian Americans and especially the elderly. In particular, the murder … Continue reading This Lunar New Year, Stand Against Anti-Asian Violence
- We Have Two Senators Again – Call Them TodayBy Ann G. Daniels Deadline: Do it now – This week, we’re asking you to contact both our California senators, with a special message for each. To Senator Padilla: Please welcome brand-new Senator Alex Padilla and tell him we want … Continue reading We Have Two Senators Again – Call Them Today
- Tell Your State Legislator – End Ellis Act Evictions!By Janani Ramachandran Deadline: January 21, 2021 – Renters all over California are losing their homes under the state’s Ellis Act, when landlords evict long-term tenants – usually in rent-controlled areas, and even if they’re paying their rent on time … Continue reading Tell Your State Legislator – End Ellis Act Evictions!
- Tell your Members of Congress: Remove Trump NowBy Larry Baskett, Ann G. Daniels and Heidi Rand Deadline: NOW – Trump will never concede he lost the election and commit to the peaceful transfer of power. He tried to coerce and bully Georgia’s Secretary of State into fraudulently … Continue reading Tell your Members of Congress: Remove Trump Now
- Do YOU Know Where to Vote in Alameda County?Deadline – URGENT – Election Day Did you know that almost all neighborhood polling places in Alameda County will be closed on Election Day in favor of a few “accessible polling locations” not restricted by neighborhood residency? Did you know … Continue reading Do YOU Know Where to Vote in Alameda County?
- It Won’t Mean a Thing If We Don’t Get Those Swing (States)Deadline: NOW! The election is just a blink away! We bet that, like us, you’ve known since November 7, 2016 how you’re voting in the 2020 election. We also wager that nothing could keep you from voting, and that you … Continue reading It Won’t Mean a Thing If We Don’t Get Those Swing (States)
- Do you know how to vote? Well, do ya?By Heidi Rand and Ann Daniels Deadline: NOW & until November 3 – Are you ready for a new President? We said: ARE YOU READY FOR A NEW PRESIDENT? The General Election – also known as the Presidential Election, although … Continue reading Do you know how to vote? Well, do ya?
- Let’s Go Win This Forking Election!Dear Warriors for Justice, The presidential campaign has been going on for approximately 150 years, and it’s almost over. We’ve got three words for you: DON’T STOP NOW. OK, a few more words, but if you can’t read this whole … Continue reading Let’s Go Win This Forking Election!
Our Event Calendar