Indivisible East Bay is a grassroots organization inspired by the Indivisible Guide, which provides a practical framework for resisting the Trump agenda. By standing together, we can keep the pressure on our representatives to defend progressive values and fight for us in Washington.
Want updates on the movement and actions you can take today?
- Time is Running Out for California to Take Action on PolicingBy Anne Spevack with help from IEB’s Police Funding and Accountability Workgroup – join our next meeting here. URGENT Deadline: August 31, 2020 TAKE ACTION THIS WEEK! Earlier this summer we asked you to support our priority California bills for … Continue reading Time is Running Out for California to Take Action on Policing
- Tell local officials: say NO to federal troopsBy Larry Baskett Deadline: ASAP, since they’re threatening to send stormtroopers to Oakland — You’ve no doubt seen that the Repressor-in-Chief and his henchmen, under disturbing and outrageous excuses like guarding Confederate statues, are deploying unmarked agents to tear-gas and … Continue reading Tell local officials: say NO to federal troops
- Your Democracy Needs You. For Real. (No, Seriously. For Real.)By Charlotte McGoldrick, Nancy Latham, and Ann Daniels Deadline: NOW to November 3 – Arizona. Florida. Michigan. North Carolina. Pennsylvania. Wisconsin. This isn’t a geography quiz – these are the battleground states on our road to win the White House. … Continue reading Your Democracy Needs You. For Real. (No, Seriously. For Real.)
- IEB Endorses Prop 15 – Schools & Communities First!By Ted Lam DEADLINE: Start now – On July 13, 2020 I was one of over a dozen people who Zoomed into the Contra Costa Board of Supervisors’ Legislative Committee meeting to support Proposition 15. Prop 15 – also known … Continue reading IEB Endorses Prop 15 – Schools & Communities First!
- State Bills Need Your Help – Call Now!By Anne Spevack Deadline: ASAP, votes will be scheduled throughout August – The California legislature is currently in recess, extended due to one Assemblymember and five staffers testing positive for COVID-19. They’re scheduled to return on July 27, and August … Continue reading State Bills Need Your Help – Call Now!
- Take the 100 Day ChallengeSunday, July 26, 2020 2 PM to Saturday, August 1, 2020 3 PM – 100 days out from Election Day, Indivisible East Bay is challenging ourselves to our biggest electoral Week of Action since 2018! We challenge YOU to set … Continue reading Take the 100 Day Challenge
- June All Members Meeting recapA global pandemic and political turmoil can’t slow Indivisible East Bay down! Our monthly All Members Meeting via Zoom on June 28 was jam-packed with our usual full agenda. Kicking off with intros, we reprised the popular icebreaker from our … Continue reading June All Members Meeting recap
- Tell Congress: no military weapons for policeBy Ann G. Daniels and Linh Nguyen Deadline: July 1 – Have you seen that dystopian series where teachers beg for money because taxes don’t pay enough for books, but the government buys all these extra weapons and gives IED-resistant … Continue reading Tell Congress: no military weapons for police
- Happy First Birthday IEB PostcardingNow we are one! In late June 2019 Indivisible East Bay sent our first Reclaim Our Vote postcards to Virginia, kicking off our bi-monthly postcarding series that’s still going strong in a new form now we’re all writing from home. … Continue reading Happy First Birthday IEB Postcarding
- Celebrate Juneteenth with ActionBy Ann G. Daniels Deadline: NOW – Lest we forget, we aren’t just saying the names of Black lives who matter far away. This Juneteenth – and after – demand justice for Black lives that matter close to home. In … Continue reading Celebrate Juneteenth with Action