Ryan T. Holte has been nominated for a 15-year appointment to the Federal Court of Claims, which handles claims against the U.S. government. Trump has been using this little-known court as a plum assignment for young, unqualified right-wing radicals. The starting salary is $208,000 per year, with generous federal benefits.
Holte is unqualified for this judgeship or any other federal judgeship.
- Holte is 34 years old, with less than 3 years of litigation experience done early in his career. He fails to meet the ABA minimum requirement of 12 years of experience for a federal judge.
- He has never tried a case to completion.
- Currently an associate law professor and counsel to an engineering firm with specialty in intellectual property, Holte focuses on private sector disputes, not government infringement cases as done in the Court of Claims.
This seems to be Holte’s main qualification:
- Membership in the Federalist Society and the right-wing Teneo Network, whose connections include a hate group and the Koch brothers, well-known donors to ultraconservative candidates and causes.
Please call your Senators and say:
Hi, my name is [name] and I’m a constituent from [zip code]. I’m calling to ask the Senator to vote NO on the nomination of Ryan T. Holte for a judgeship to the Federal Court of Claims. I believe that Holte is unqualified. He is 34 years old, with less than 3 years of litigation experience. He has never tried a case. Holte is also connected to far right-wing groups, and I find his extreme ideology to be very troubling in a judge. Please vote NO on Holte’s nomination for a federal judgeship.
To find your senators, see https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members.
Additional Talking Points for office visits here.
- Exploiting The Obscurity Of A Key Federal Court, Huffington Post
- Holte Joins String of Ideological Nominees, Alliance for Justice
- Report on Holte, The Vetting Room
Return to Federal Judiciary