- Nominations Hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee Nominee is examined by Committee for his/her qualifications for a lifetime appointment as a federal judge. Please read The Bum’s Rush For Our Courts to learn what a travesty these hearings have become under Republican leadership.
- Vote by Senate Judiciary Committee (Executive Business Meeting) Nominee is voted out of Committee and goes to Senate floor for final vote by full Senate.
- Executive Calendar of the Senate First the Senate invokes cloture on a nomination. Then within days there will be a final vote to confirm the nominee.
- Daily Digest of Congressional Record The latest actions on some nominations will be recorded here, although they will be mixed in with other Congressional business.
- We follow the Senate Floor Monitor on Twitter for a blow-by-blow account of what’s happening on the Senate floor.
Return to Federal Judiciary