Deadlines: Varies. Before your next payment is due.

Description: If you can’t  make your monthly house payments, you can request mortgage forbearance: partial payments or no payments for a specific time—usually 6 months.

Eligibility: People unable to make mortgage payments due to the disaster

How to apply: Contact your mortgage servicer

Phone: To talk with a Department of Housing and Urban Development-approved housing counselor before agreeing to forbearance, call 800-569-4287

Personal Info: Current phone number, address to receive mail (links to ways to retrieve this info)

Notes:. Interest still accrues, but the lender won’t charge late fees or report you to credit bureaus.

More Info:

Do you have to pay your mortgage if your house is destroyed?:

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.