Department of Agriculture (USDA)

EQIP Catastrophic Fire Recovery Deadlines: November 6, 2017 (NRCS is waiving the standard 30-day application ranking period) Description: Financial assistance payments to assist producers in covering the cost of certain rehabilitation practices, such as creating check dams in drainages, using damaged trees to slow runoff, repairing culvert systems, and planting tree seedlings. Who is it … Continue reading Department of Agriculture (USDA)

Temporary Housing Assistance

FEMA offers Transitional Shelter Assistance (TSA) to applicants who are unable to return to their pre-disaster, primary residence because their home is either uninhabitable or inaccessible due to the wildfires. TSA is intended to reduce the number of disaster survivors in shelters by transitioning survivors into short-term accommodations. Eligible individuals have registered for federal disaster … Continue reading Temporary Housing Assistance

Additional Resources

American Bar Association: Local lawyers will be staffing some of the local aid centers in affected counties. Info: Bay Area Legal Aid: Governor’s resources: and Q&A with Govt. Officials: Small Business Administration: SBA disaster loans for businesses, agricultural and aquacultural businesses, homes repair: and application form. Sales tax relief:


Contractors State License Board CSLB provides guidance on verifying a contractor's license, investigates complaints, and also provides information about hiring a licensed contractor. Disaster Hotline: (800) 962-1125 - Governor Brown issued an executive order to cut red tape and help streamline recovery efforts in communities impacted by wildfires: CalRecycle is working with the Office … Continue reading Rebuilding

List of Phone Numbers

FEMA Disaster Assistance: 800-621-3362 —(TTY) 800-462-7585—711 or Video Relay Service 800-621-3362 SAMHSA Helpline (trained crisis counselor): 800-985-5990 California’s CalFresh (also known as SNAP/Food Stamps/EBT):  to replace EBT card, call 877-328-9677 or contact your local county social services worker. Health Care Help Center (DMHC): 888-466-2219—877-688-9891 TDD Free Legal Assistance Hotline: 415-575-3120 Advice for Renters: CA Department of … Continue reading List of Phone Numbers

Disaster Unemployment Assistance

Deadlines: November 16, 2017 (and all required documentation must be submitted within 21 days from the day the DUA application is filed.) Description: DUA applies to losses beginning the week of October 15, 2017, and benefits are up to $450 a week for up to 26 weeks. Eligibility: Workers and self-employed individuals who lost their … Continue reading Disaster Unemployment Assistance

Replacement ID and Vital Documents

For DMV-related documents Description: Fire victims who need to replace lost or damaged DMV-related documents (e.g. substitute license plates and stickers, vehicle disposal paperwork, and driver record printouts) can do so free of charge at assistance centers in the impacted areas. Eligibility: Butte, Lake, Mendocino, Napa, Nevada, Orange, Solano, Sonoma, and Yuba Counties How to … Continue reading Replacement ID and Vital Documents

Mortgage Forbearance

Deadlines: Varies. Before your next payment is due. Description: If you can’t  make your monthly house payments, you can request mortgage forbearance: partial payments or no payments for a specific time—usually 6 months. Eligibility: People unable to make mortgage payments due to the disaster How to apply: Contact your mortgage servicer Phone: To talk with … Continue reading Mortgage Forbearance