The Contra Costa County Racial Justice Task Force was created by the Board of Supervisors in April 2016, and given a mandate to:
- Research and identify consensus measures within the County to reduce racial disparities in the criminal justice system;
- Plan and oversee implementation of the measures once identified; and
- Report back to the Board of Supervisors on progress made toward reducing racial disparities within the criminal justice system.
The Task Force has developed draft recommendations for the County to reduce racial disparities in the justice system, and it will host three community Forums in May 2018 to present the recommendations and solicit community input and feedback before it takes them to Board of Supervisors in June 2018.
- Monday, May 7, 6-8 PM: Mt. Diablo Unitarian Universalist Church 55 Eckley Ln, Walnut Creek
- Tuesday, May 8, 6-8 PM: Delta Bay Church of Christ 13 Sunset Dr, Antioch
- Wednesday, May 9, 6-8 PM: Catholic Charities, West County Service Center, 217 Harbour Way Richmond
You can also provide input to the Task Force online at this link. Click here to see a list of the Task Force’s 17 members, and meeting locations and agendas for each monthly meeting, held the first Wednesday of every month at 1 PM.