Mission and Goals
Indivisible East Bay is a chapter of the Indivisible movement. We are a grassroots organization focused on stopping the Trump administration’s policies by:
- Lobbying our group’s Members of Congress (MoCs) with office visits, calls, emails, and rallies.
- Lobbying our MoCs on topics of laws, policies, and nominations.
- Collaborating with other Indivisible groups and sharing resources for meetings and events.
We will also focus on the following, in order of declining priority:
- Lobby our representatives at all levels (state, local, county, party, judges, etc) to take actions (both symbolic and real) to oppose the Trump administration’s policies.
- Help indivisible groups in red & purple districts lobby their MoCs (CA & other states) to oppose the Trump administration’s policies.
- Help allied organizations, like Sister District, Swing Left, and Brand New Congress to support progressive MoCs under attack or to influence or replace MoCs in red & purple districts.
- Alert our members (e.g. not direct mobilization) about ways to personally support State legislation that supports our goals, such as AB 14 (campaign financing disclosure) or SB 54 (protect immigrants from ICE).
We cover the East Bay Area, spanning California’s 11th, 13th, and 15th congressional districts. In addition to IndivisibleEB, there are a number of other Indivisible groups covering specifics cities, countries, and even neighborhood. Whenever possible, we try to work together in order to build a coalition of like-minded activists resisting the Trump agenda.
See the upcoming events page for events pertaining to your district.
Code of conduct
- Members of the Indivisible East Bay community agree to be respectful when communicating with other community members and people outside the community, both online and in person.
- Members agree to be respectful to our members of congress, their staff and others we may interact with in the course of our events. Threatening and violence of any kind are not allowed.
- When sharing photos or quotes from meetings or events, do so only with explicit permission of people in the photo or quoted.
- Unless explicitly agreed otherwise, sharing the contents of conversations, comments or replies of Slack teammates outside of Slack is not allowed.
- Harassment of any kind, online or in person, is not allowed.
- If a member’s behavior is outside of the code of conduct, the steering committee may take any action they deem appropriate including warning the offender, excluding them from online forums, or excluding them from public meetings and other events.
Indivisible East Bay is inspired by the Indivisible Guide. Written by former congressional staffers, Indivisible offers best practices for making Congress listen, with the goal of bolstering resistance to the Trump agenda.