Mission and Goals
Indivisible East Bay is a grassroots community group founded in 2017, inspired by the 2016 Indivisible Guide. We are working to expand and protect our democracy and enact a progressive legislative agenda. We do this by influencing our representatives in government, advocating for policies that advance economic, racial, gender, and environmental justice, participating in electoral work, and allying with groups across the country to protect our rights and build a vibrant, participatory democracy and a better future for all.
We cover the East Bay Area, spanning California’s 11th, 13th, and 15th congressional districts. In addition to IndivisibleEB, there are a number of other Indivisible groups covering specifics cities, countries, and even neighborhoods. Whenever possible, we try to work together in order to build a coalition of like-minded activists.
See the upcoming events page for events pertaining to your district.
Code of conduct
- Members of the Indivisible East Bay community agree to be respectful when communicating with other community members and people outside the community, both online and in person.
- Members agree to be respectful to our members of congress, their staff and others we may interact with in the course of our events. Threatening and violence of any kind are not allowed.
- When sharing photos or quotes from meetings or events, do so only with explicit permission of people in the photo or quoted.
- Unless explicitly agreed otherwise, sharing the contents of conversations, comments or replies of Slack teammates outside of Slack is not allowed.
- Harassment of any kind, online or in person, is not allowed.
- If a member’s behavior is outside of the code of conduct, the steering committee may take any action they deem appropriate including warning the offender, excluding them from online forums, or excluding them from public meetings and other events.
Join Our Mailing List Take Action Volunteer
Indivisible East Bay is inspired by the Indivisible Guide. Written by former congressional staffers, Indivisible offers a practical guide for fixing our democracy.