Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to scroll down to see what you can do today.
Also, check out these things you can do:
- Regulation changes: What you don’t know can hurt you (and everyone else). Here’s what you can do.
- IEB regularly visits our Members of Congress. Join us: it really can make a difference.
- Check out our Newsletter Archive for past actions and info.
Week of May 10th, 2021
Deadline: ASAP – Republican Members of Congress who were part of the Jan. 6 insurrection against our democracy want the People to forget what they did, while they double down on racist despotism and punish anyone in their ranks who speaks the truth. Tell your Members of Congress: Don’t work with members who turned their backs on democracy! And tell them we need full investigations led by Democrats; prosecutions of those involved; and a resolution to expel the insurrectionist GOP Members. Find more info & call scripts in our article.
These items still need our attention! A record of all weekly actions are on the Archived Actions page.
Action Still Needed – Past Weeks
Action: Stand Against Anti-Asian Violence
You may know of the recent incidents of anti-Asian violence in Bay Area Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities. Indivisible East Bay stands against anti-Asian hate and bigotry. As Lunar New Year approaches, these incidents cause pain in what should be a time of celebration. We speak as allies and as an organization with AAPI members and leaders: violence and racism are horrifying and unacceptable, here or anywhere. Read our new article here for more on how to stand in cross-cultural solidarity with victims and AAPI communities through this challenging time.
Deadline: NOW – Abolishing the filibuster may sound like a boring procedural move – but with a razor-thin Democratic majority in Congress, the filibuster is what stands between us and passing crucial legislation like H.R.1 and S.1, the For the People Act. Senator Padilla has said he’s for abolishing the filibuster — he needs to hear that we’ve got his back and we want him to be a leader. Senator Feinstein says the filibuster “serves a purpose” — she needs to hear that she’s on the wrong side of democracy. Contact them and tell your friends, especially those in Arizona or West Virginia, homes of Democratic Senators Sinema and Manchin, who are on record as supporting the filibuster. All this and more in our article, so spread the word!
What to say to Senator Feinstein:
My name is ________, my zip code is ________, and I’m a member of Indivisible East Bay. I want Senator Feinstein to fight to abolish the filibuster. We can’t pass the For the People Act and other legislation we need as long as Republicans can block them by filibuster. We need this to undo the damage of the Trump Administration.
What to say to Senator Padilla:
My name is ______, my zip code is ______, and I’m a member of Indivisible East Bay. I want to thank Senator Padilla for standing up against the filibuster! I want him to keep speaking out, and to do everything he can to convince Senator Feinstein and other Senators to support abolishing the filibuster. Thank you.
Action: Hello new IEB activists!
Deadline: today and every day – Is this your first IEB newsletter? Or have you known us for a while, but you have friends who aren’t involved but may like to be? This action item is for YOU! Check out our top quick-action resources for activists new to IEB (and reminders if you’re an old friend!):
- Find action items from our most recent newsletters — plus contact info for members of Congress — on our website’s Call & Email page. Our newsletters are archived here and here.
- Find our latest blog posts on our website home page. Most of these articles include action items, with call scripts and contact info. Looking for an article or action on a specific topic? Enter a keyword into the search box (upper right of each web page).
- Interested in the federal courts? Our Federal Judiciary team’s work is used by national resistance organizations.
- Find out what else is going on! Our newsletter has an events calendar, and so does our website.