Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to scroll down to see what you can do today.
Also, check out these things you can do:
- Regulation changes: What you don’t know can hurt you (and everyone else). Here’s what you can do.
- IEB regularly visits our Members of Congress. Join us: it really can make a difference.
- Check out our Newsletter Archive for past actions and info.
Week of February 15th, 2021
Deadline: NOW – Last fall, Representative Barbara Lee (CA-13) cosponsored the Transform, Heal, and Renew by Investing in a Vibrant Economy (THRIVE) Agenda, a framework for economic renewal that addresses America’s public health disaster, racial injustice, the climate crisis, and economic inequity. In the new Administration, Senator Edward Markey and Rep. Dingell have reintroduced THRIVE. Rep. Lee is an original cosponsor — our other Reps and our Senators haven’t signed on. Tell them we need economic recovery that addresses the many, systemic crises that millions of Americans face.
What to say to Rep. Swalwell or DeSaulnier and to BOTH Senators Feinstein & Padilla:
My name is _____, my zip code is _____, and I’m a member of Indivisible East Bay. I want ________ to cosponsor the THRIVE Act. We need an economic recovery that looks at all the problems we’re facing. That means creating millions of good, safe jobs with access to unions, and averting climate catastrophe, and investing in Black, Brown, and Indigenous communities, and more. We can’t wait, we need the THRIVE Act now.
If your Representative is Barbara Lee:
My name is _____, my zip code is _____, and I’m a member of Indivisible East Bay. I want to thank Rep. Lee for cosponsoring the THRIVE Act. We need an economic recovery that looks at all the problems we’re facing. I hope Rep. Lee will persuade other Members of Congress in the East Bay and all over to fight for the THRIVE Act.
Learn more about the THRIVE Agenda here. Don’t live in the East Bay? Use Indivisible National’s links to tell your Representative and your Senators to cosponsor the THRIVE Act. Got friends who should know about this? Send them this link to this action item.
These items still need our attention! A record of all weekly actions are on the Archived Actions page.
Action Still Needed – Past Weeks
Action: This Lunar New Year, Stand Against Anti-Asian Violence
You may know of the recent incidents of anti-Asian violence in Bay Area Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities. Indivisible East Bay stands against anti-Asian hate and bigotry. As Lunar New Year approaches, these incidents cause pain in what should be a time of celebration. We speak as allies and as an organization with AAPI members and leaders: violence and racism are horrifying and unacceptable, here or anywhere. Read our new article here for more on how to stand in cross-cultural solidarity with victims and AAPI communities through this challenging time.
Action: Hello new IEB activists!
Deadline: today and every day – Is this your first IEB newsletter? Or have you known us for a while, but you have friends who aren’t involved but may like to be? This action item is for YOU! Check out our top quick-action resources for activists new to IEB (and reminders if you’re an old friend!):
- Find action items from our most recent newsletters — plus contact info for members of Congress — on our website’s Call & Email page. Our newsletters are archived here and here.
- Find our latest blog posts on our website home page. Most of these articles include action items, with call scripts and contact info. Looking for an article or action on a specific topic? Enter a keyword into the search box (upper right of each web page).
- Interested in the federal courts? Our Federal Judiciary team’s work is used by national resistance organizations.
- Find out what else is going on! Our newsletter has an events calendar, and so does our website.