Local progressive groups with extensive phone banking experience are holding phone banks to reach out to voters in other states ahead of upcoming election. Phone and text banking are extremely effective ways people in blue areas can help flip red or purple districts.
The hosts will gladly train you on the script and how to make the calls. Bring your phone, charger, earbuds (for your comfort), and a laptop or tablet (or when you sign up, let them know you’d like to borrow one). Don’t forget your good cheer and positive energy to resist — and your friends!
For full info, including locations, times, and a link to RSVP, go to the Commit to Flip Blue website and enter your zip code into the search box.
And check out these upcoming phone banks (mostly in Oakland) listed by Sister District and Together We Will on Eventbrite:
- Sunday, January 28, 2018, 12:00-3:00 PM PST, Oakland – Temescal (near BART)
- February 4, 2018, 12:00-3:00 PM PST, Oakland – Rockridge (near BART)
- February 11, 2018, 12:00-3:00 PM PST, Oakland – West Oakland, Emeryville border
- February 13, 2018, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM PST, Oakland – Upper Dimond District
- Monday, February 12, 2018, 2:00-5:00 PM PST, El Cerrito – East Richmond Heights