Deadline: hair on fire right now – Attorney General William “Cover Up” Barr delayed releasing his redacted version of Special Counsel Mueller’s 300+ page report for nearly a month after he got it. (See Indivisible East Bay’s text searchable version of the pdf). This served Individual-1 and also served two purposes: Barr wants to bury the report by dropping it the day before a long holiday weekend while Congress is in recess; and he and the administration had nearly a month to spin and lie to control public perception about the investigation’s findings. Oh yeah, and he dropped it after holding another head-spinning publicity stunt, oh we mean press conference, about Mueller’s report … but without (wait for it) Robert Mueller.
After constant demands from Congress that Barr release the full report and underlying investigation materials (thanks to your calls and nationwide Trump Is Not Above the Law protests), Barr said he’d redact “sensitive” materials from the report and release the rest. That’s NOT enough — we know Barr can’t be trusted! He’s left a paper trail, like the audition memo he wrote to get his AG gig. And there’s his history of summarizing and redacting important documents. In 1989 Barr summarized a legal opinion that led to the FBI abducting Panama’s leader, General Manuel Noriega. Only after Congress subpoenaed the legal opinion was it revealed that Barr’s summary did not fully disclose the opinion’s principal conclusions. Déjà vu all over again?
In Winston Churchill’s words, this is just the end of the beginning. Congress now has a version of the report, but it must continue to push to get the FULL report and all underlying investigatory evidence. Barr also put his heavy thumb on the scale, improperly making the determination that the evidence did not establish Trump obstructed justice. This is NOT Barr’s determination to make – Congress must move ahead and redouble its investigations to hold Trump and his cronies accountable.
What to do:
1. Call your Members of Congress, now and every day.
Yes, you need to call even when your MoCs have taken good positions on an issue – the other side is calling, and you need to make your voice heard!
What to say:
My name is _______, my zip code is ______, and I’m a member of Indivisible East Bay. I want _______ to do everything in their power to demand that AG Barr immediately give the full, unredacted Mueller report and all evidence to Congress. Also, I support the Democrats’ investigations to hold Trump accountable, and want them to expand the investigations to follow up on all evidence in the Mueller report.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein: (email); (415) 393-0707 • DC: (202) 224-3841 [see her tweet]
- Sen. Kamala Harris: (email); (415) 981-9369 • DC: (202) 224-3553
- Rep. Mark DeSaulnier: (email); (510) 620-1000 • DC: (202) 225-2095 [see his tweet, and his retweet of Rep. Nadler’s tweet]
- Rep. Barbara Lee: (email); (510) 763-0370 • DC: (202) 225-2661 [see her tweet]
- Rep. Eric Swalwell: (email); (510) 370-3322 • DC: (202) 225-5065 [see his tweet]
2. Spread the word on social media!
More info & background
To find out more, and learn what actions we’ve been taking for over a year, read our past articles:
- April 6, 2019: East Bay rallies: Release the Report!
- March 30, 2019: Release the Full Mueller Report
- March 22, 2019: We Demand the Truth
- February 21, 2019: We the People Demand to See the Report
- November 10, 2018: Act now to protect Mueller
- November 8, 2018: Rapid response protests called for 11/8 at 5 PM
- September 24, 2018: A Rosenstein Red Line?
- August 22, 2018: Manfort. Cohen. Trump? Guilty, Guilty, Guilty!
- April 12, 2018 (updated May 1, 2018): Nobody is Above the Law
- Feb. 7, 2018: Destroying Democracy: Worse Than Watergate, More than Mueller
- Dec. 12, 2017: No One is Above The Law
- Nov. 3, 2017: No Saturday Night Massacre 2017