By Ann Daniels and Heidi Rand
Tucker Carlson opens his mouth, and filth pours out. Jokes about 13-year-olds being molested and violence against women who “act up.” Names and insults for women we won’t reprint, apologetics for forced underage marriage and raping prostitutes. And he throws a little racism in too … not to mention sounding like the world’s creepiest daddy next to Creepy-Daddy-in-Chief. It’s all there. But you know what else talks? Money. Tucker Carlson’s show on Fox has advertisers, and some of the leading ones are already trying to put space between themselves and him. Let’s work together to get more of them not just to speak up, but to put their $$ where their mouths are – or, rather, to take their money AWAY by refusing to sponsor Tucker Carlson any further.
What you can do:
- Join the 13 thousand people who’ve signed the Women’s March petition aimed at Tucker Carlson’s advertisers – specifically, those with female CEOs. Women’s March also rallied outside Fox News HQ on March 13 to make their broader demand loud and clear: it’s not enough to #DropTucker. It’s time to #DropFox.
- Follow and support media outlets and voices that don’t spew hate, misogyny and racism. Support their advertisers, and suggest they switch to sponsoring some of the below programs:
- Media Matters for America, which unearthed and released Carlson’s audio clips, is a progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media
- Progressive Voices provides politically progressive content to consumers online and via mobile device
- Free Speech TV is a national, independent news network committed to advancing progressive social change
- ResistanceLive is a daily broadcast on Facebook, YouTube and iTunes that provides political updates for the Resistance, brought to you by Elizabeth Cronise McLaughlin
- Local AM radio station Real Talk 910 broadcasts forward-thinking political talk and opinions featuring Stephanie Miller and Thom Hartmann
- Randi Rhodes is a progressive political commentator, activist, and writer. You can stream her program live on Facebook, her website, or via Progressive Voices
- Reveal News, from the Center for Investigative Reporting, empowers the public through investigative journalism and storytelling to spark action and protect our democracy.
- Support Sleeping Giants, which uses social media to run campaigns targeting the profits of media outlets that promote bigotry and sexism, including Breitbart and Fox News. Follow and retweet at @slpng_giants
- On twitter? First, follow us at @IndivisibleEB; then, retweet posts at #DropTucker and #DropFox
- Pass this on!
#Drop Tucker graphic © Women’s March