- May 4, 2020: Rep. DeSaulnier returned home from the hospital, press release here.
- April 13, 2020: Rep. DeSaulnier was moved from the ICU, press release here.
Representative Mark DeSaulnier represents California’s 11th Congressional District, covering most of Contra Costa County. Indivisible East Bay’s CA-11 team has been proud to work closely with Rep. DeSaulnier in our fight against the current Administration. Despite fighting his own serious health issues for some time, Rep. DeSaulnier has been a force to be reckoned with in many areas such as women’s rights, guaranteeing a livable wage, affordable and accessible education, election security, immigration, and ensuring government is accountable to the public.
On March 21, Rep. DeSaulnier’s office issued this statement:
Last Friday, Congressman DeSaulnier was admitted to the hospital to treat complications of pneumonia from a traumatic rib fracture that occurred after falling during a run. He was in serious, but stable condition, and the hospital later advised he was COVID-19 negative.
Unfortunately, Congressman DeSaulnier’s condition has deteriorated and he is in critical condition. The doctors are doing everything they can to care for the Congressman. Mark’s family and staff appreciate your thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time.
Patch reported on March 24 that DeSaulnier remains in critical condition in an intensive care unit, and quotes a statement from his sons:
The doctors are hopeful that he remains stable, but he has much improvement to go. He has devoted his time, energy, and his life to the citizens of California, and we hope that you will all continue to lend him your support while giving him the quiet he needs as he continues fighting the good fight.
What you can do:
Send your well wishes to Rep. DeSaulnier:
- Best method for now is to email him at https://desaulnier.house.gov/contact
- On Facebook
- On Twitter
- If you want to send a card, please note that it may not be seen for some time if staff people are working from home:
- Local: 440 Civic Center Plaza, 2nd Floor, Richmond, CA 94804
- DC: 503 Cannon House Office Building, Washington, DC 20515
Photo: CA-11 Team’s April 2019 meeting with Rep. Mark DeSaulnier, Edwin, Ted, Ted, Mark, Cora, Gwynne, photo by Aaron Silver