By Heidi Rand
Deadline: Sign up NOW and go to an Impeach & Remove demonstration on Tues. Dec. 17 –
Updated 12/15/19: The Impeach & Remove mass mobilization demonstrations have been called by the national coalition for Tuesday, December 17, the eve of the historic impeachment vote in the House of Representatives. Most events are called for 5:30 PM local time, RSVP to any you think you may attend, to receive all pertinent info. Read on for more info and background.
On December 10, 2019, the House of Representatives announced
We’ve been busy for months: speaking out, demonstrating, meeting with our Members of Congress, and much more – to get the word out that this lawless criminal must be impeached and removed. Now it’s time to hit the streets again! A broad grassroots coalition of groups spearheaded by Nobody Is Above the Law is mobilizing demonstrations to call for 45’s impeachment and removal, to be held on the eve of the House vote. Join tens of thousands of people in over 500 cities and towns nationwide to demand an end to the dangerous corruption and lawlessness that threatens the core of our democracy. It’s incredibly important for the House to impeach Trump, regardless of whether Senators have the guts to uphold their oath of office to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. The House must officially and publicly find Trump unfit for office and dangerous to the country. Join us and thousands of others nationwide, to take a public stand.
What you can do:
1. RSVP now for a demonstration:
- Search for an event near you at this link, and RSVP to get alerts and updates about the event.
- As of this writing, several Bay Area events are planned. These are some of the East Bay demonstrations:
2. Watch videos of our model hearings: The first batch of Indivisible East Bay/Indivisible San Francisco Model Impeachment Hearings are online! We’re setting the example for the House and the Senate by asking Congress to expand the scope of the impeachment inquiry, for justice for all! Please watch – you can see them at this link. Spread the word to your friends and on social media – you can share that link along with the hashtag #ImpeachForThePeople.
3. Learn more!
- Read the Impeach For The People coalition’s set of articles of impeachment setting out draft articles which address the full range of Trump’s abuses of power.
- For more information about impeachment, including views of the Members of Congress who led the charge, like Representatives Al Green and Rashida Tlaib, take a look at the Impeachment University webinar series (archive viewable on YouTube). To keep up with nationally-coordinated actions, sign up with By the People.
- Talk to your friends and family about impeachment. Check out the wealth of information and links in our earlier articles about impeachment, investigations, and the Mueller Report:
- On May 1, we asked you to tell your Members of Congress to use every possible tool to investigate the administration’s criminality and abuses of power
- On May 9, we asked you to read the Mueller Report
- On May 22, we asked you to urge the House to begin an impeachment inquiry
- On May 30, we asked you to read the Report AND urge your Rep to support an impeachment inquiry
- On July 17, we asked you to urge your Rep to read the Report and act!
- On August 1, we asked you to urge your Rep to cosponsor House Resolutions 257 and 396.
- On August 28, we asked you to call your Rep with specific objectives for the impeachment inquiry.
- On September 11, we asked you to push for a strong and broad impeachment inquiry.
- On October 8, we asked you to help work on our model impeachment hearing recording.
Graphic “Impeach & Remove” by Nobody Is Above the Law
Heidi Rand fights the evil empire with skills gained as a Ninth Circuit staff attorney and civil rights lawyer, using words to resist, and to inform and inspire others to take action. She also wields a mean camera and knitting needles, though usually not at the same time.