Deadline: May 13 and ongoing –
Starting Monday, May 13, tens of thousands of Americans will resist the Obstructor-In-Chief and his lawless administration by reading and discussing the Mueller Report – together. Join us!
Despite our efforts to make sure that Special Counsel Robert Mueller was able to complete his Trump-Russia investigation and deliver a report, according to a CNN poll only 24% of Americans say they’ve read any of the report. 75% have so far opted not to read it, and only 3% say they’ve read all 448 pages.
Unindicted co-conspirator Individual-1 and Attorney General Bill “Stonewall” Barr have sparked a constitutional crisis, blocking Congress and the public from seeing the full report. They’re also trying to prevent witnesses, including Mueller himself, from testifying in public hearings. But while the Democrats, with our support, fight those battles, we have the report, and a critical way to resist is to READ IT!
Members of the Not Above the Law coalition began the Mueller Book Club to encourage more people to read the report. They’re calling on Americans to start local reading groups across the country, and to join them for a once-weekly broadcast to discuss it.
The “Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election,” aka the Mueller Report, is the most in-depth summary the U.S. government has produced about Russia’s efforts to interfere in our 2016 election on behalf of Trump. The two-year investigation also resulted in a sickening chronicle of Trump and his cronies intent on obstructing the investigation.
Over the course of a month, participants in the Mueller Book Club will read the report together, section by section. We’ll devote two weeks each to the two volumes, including footnotes and redactions, to learn what they tell us about the investigations and their consequences. Legal and policy experts will explain the contents and address key questions, and we’ll debate and discuss its findings online.
How to participate:
- Join the #mueller_book_club channel on Indivisible East Bay’s Slack. Not yet on Slack? Email us for an invite: email@example.com
- Start a reading group in your own group or community.
- Sign up to receive a weekly reading guide and information about the weekly online discussions – registration is open for the first call now
- Encourage others in your community to engage with the report and its findings – organizers will send you suggestions
- Join the Mueller Book Club facebook group
The organizers’ ultimate goal is for participants to understand the implications of the report, and to use that understanding to inform their friends, family and communities about what it means to them.
The Report debuted at #1 on the New York Times bestseller list, and tops Amazon’s best seller list, but you can download it for free. Here are some alternatives to get the report:
- Buzzfeed’s May 6 article about the DOJ’s updated version of the Mueller Report, revised in response to Buzzfeed’s Freedom of Information Act request and lawsuit
- Indivisible East Bay’s text searchable version of the redacted report
- Audible’s free audio-recording of the report
- Lawfareblog’s excellent notes about the report
More info & background
To find out more about the Special Counsel’s investigation, and learn what actions Indivisible East Bay has been taking to support it for over a year, read our past articles:
- May 1, 2019: Busting the Obstructors
- April 18, 2019: We See Through Barr’s “Transparency”
- April 6, 2019: East Bay rallies: Release the Report!
- March 30, 2019: Release the Full Mueller Report
- March 22, 2019: We Demand the Truth
- February 21, 2019: We the People Demand to See the Report
- November 10, 2018: Act now to protect Mueller
- November 8, 2018: Rapid response protests called for 11/8 at 5 PM
- September 24, 2018: A Rosenstein Red Line?
- August 22, 2018: Manfort. Cohen. Trump? Guilty, Guilty, Guilty!
- April 12, 2018 (updated May 1, 2018): Nobody is Above the Law
- Feb. 7, 2018: Destroying Democracy: Worse Than Watergate, More than Mueller
- Dec. 12, 2017: No One is Above The Law
- Nov. 3, 2017: No Saturday Night Massacre 2017