Deadline: today and every day –
Hundreds of thousands of us took to the streets nationwide on November 8th to stand up for the rule of law and protect the independence of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Trump-Russia investigation.
By forcing out Jeff Sessions, and illegally installing* the unqualified Matthew Whitaker as Acting Attorney General to oversee the Mueller investigation, Trump is blatantly moving to shut down the investigation into his own crimes and corruption. Whitaker has frequently criticized the Mueller investigation, echoing Trump’s “witch hunt” smear and proposed cutting Mueller’s budget.
What to do NOW:
Contact your Members of Congress! Senators Feinstein and Harris have already spoken out, as have Representatives DeSaulnier, Lee, and Swalwell. Thank them and urge them to do everything they can to protect the independence of the investigation.
What to say:
My name is ______________, my zip code is ______, and I’m a member of Indivisible East Bay. Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker has a profound conflict and must be removed from overseeing the Mueller investigation. Please do all you can in Congress to hold Trump accountable and protect the Mueller investigation.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein: (email); (415) 393-0707 • DC: (202) 224-3841
Sen. Kamala Harris: (email); (415) 355-9041 • DC: (202) 224-3553
Rep. Mark DeSaulnier: (email); (510) 620-1000 • DC: (202) 225-2095
Rep. Barbara Lee: (email); (510) 763-0370 • DC: (202) 225-2661
Rep. Eric Swalwell: (email); (510) 370-3322 • DC: (202) 225-5065
What else you can do:
- Spread the word to people in other states, they can use Indivisible National’s webpage to call their Members of Congress to tell them to publicly call for Whitaker to recuse himself
- Read our articles for historical background and to learn what actions we’ve been taking for over a year:
- November 8, 2018: Rapid response protests called for 11/8 at 5 PM
- September 24, 2018: A Rosenstein Red Line?
- August 22, 2018: Manfort. Cohen. Trump? Guilty, Guilty, Guilty!
- April 12, 2018 (updated May 1, 2018): Nobody is Above the Law
- Feb. 7, 2018: Destroying Democracy: Worse Than Watergate, More than Mueller
- Dec. 12, 2017: No One is Above The Law
- Nov. 3, 2017: No Saturday Night Massacre 2017
Indivisible East Bay members flooded the streets with their friends and fellow progressives in the several Bay Area Nobody Is Above the Law protests! Here are some photos from the El Cerrito event, which many IEB members helped organize.
Photographs © Heidi Rand
*We don’t normally cite to news sources with paywalls, but in this case the linked article is an opinion piece in the New York Times, so we are citing to the original source